Why Dr. Keough Williams, Dr. K, for Therapy?
- Dr. K is a Licensed Psychologist in the State of Florida and can practice telehealth in most states.
- She has been conducting therapy for over twenty years and treats a variety of issues.
- Dr. K uses a variety of therapy modalities and your treatment will be individually tailored to you. You will go over your Treatment Plan with Dr. K in your first appointment.
- Dr. K offers morning, day, and evening hours making it more convenient for people with busy schedules.
- Dr. K uses specialized therapies such as Hypnotherapy, Emotional Intelligence Training, and Accelerated Resolution Therapy (A.R.T).
Please go to www.DrKLifeTherapy.com to learn more
How can Therapy help me?
Therapy can help you cope with stressful situations or ongoing symptoms that cause you distress. Dr. K will help you gain new perspectives into yourself and your problems while teaching you lasting coping skills to facilitate change. You will become aware of any negative thoughts, beliefs, or patterns and how to change them. Dr. K wants to help you live the life you want because you deserve to be happier and more fulfilled. She will work with you to achieve your goals as she becomes your therapist, coach, and motivator. Therapy can help hold you accountable to following through with change while lending a supportive environment. If you are not completely happy in life you can benefit from therapy.
Dr. K welcomes you to start now, for it is time for you to become-The architect of your destiny.
How long is Therapy?
An average treatment session is around 55 minutes. The initial intake session however may take longer based on the history and needs of the client.
Therapy can be short-term or long-term based on each individual’s needs. Some people can begin to feel relief within six sessions while others need ongoing therapy. The more work you do inside and outside of therapy the faster you will see results.
Does Dr. K take Insurance?
Dr. K is an out of network provider but will help you submit to your insurance company for out of network benefit reimbursement. Please refer to the Pricing page for more information.
Insurances that clients have submitted to include United Insurances, Blue Cross Insurances, Cigna, Aetna, ect...
Does Dr. K prescribe medication?
No. Dr. K is a psychologist and provides talk therapy. She can however recommend a psychiatrist to you, or you can contact your insurance carrier to find one. Research has shown that people can feel results from talk therapy alone but also have positive results with medication and talk therapy. Medication can help treat symptoms, but does not teach you coping skills. You can also talk to your medical doctor about medication.
What's the different between talking to a psychologist vs. a friend?
A psychologist has the training and the experience to help you approach our situation in a new way, uses evidence based treatments, stays educated in mental health to help you navigate your issues, teaches you new skills, helps guide you in gaining new perspectives, is able to be more objective, does not burden you with their own problems, and helps you find the best solution for yourself. Since therapy is confidential, you won't have to worry about your personal information being shared with others.
Is Therapy Confidential?
In general, the law protects the confidentiality of all communications between a client and a psychotherapist. No information is disclosed without prior written permission from the client.
There are some exceptions however required by law to this rule. These exceptions include:
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself. The therapist will make every effort to work with the client to ensure their safety. If the client does not cooperate, additional measures may need to be taken.