Why Dr. Keough Williams, Dr. K, for Therapy?
- Dr. K is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist in the State of Florida
- She has been conducting therapy for over fifteen years and treats a variety of issues.
- Dr. K uses a variety of therapy modalities and your treatment will be individually tailored to you. You will go over your Treatment Plan with Dr. Keough in your first appointment.
- Dr. K offers morning, day, and evening hours making it more convenient for people with busy schedules.
- Dr. K uses specialized therapies such as hypnosis and Accelerated Resolution Therapy (A.R.T).
- The Transformational Growth office is a calming welcoming environment.
- Dr. K has been told that she is “down to earth and easy to talk to.” She is highly qualified and is constantly attending continuing education courses to stay up to date in the field of Psychology. Please go to About Dr. Keough page to learn more about her.
How can Therapy help me?
Therapy can help you cope with stressful situations or ongoing symptoms that cause you distress. Dr. K will help you gain new perspectives into yourself and your problems while teaching you lasting coping skills to facilitate change. You will become aware of any negative thoughts, beliefs, or patterns and how to change them. Dr. K wants to help you live the life you want because you deserve to be happier and more fulfilled. She will work with you to achieve your goals as she becomes your therapist, coach, and motivator. Therapy can help hold you accountable to following through with change while lending a supportive environment. If you are not completely happy in life you can benefit from therapy.
Dr. K welcomes you to start now, for it is time for you to become-The architect of your destiny.
How long is Therapy?
An average treatment session is 45 minutes, with an extra five minutes for scheduling. The following 10 minutes is for note taking and treatment planning. The initial intake session however may take longer based on the history and needs of the client.
Therapy can be short-term or long-term based on each individual’s needs. Some people can begin to feel relief within six sessions while others need ongoing therapy. The more work you do inside and outside of therapy the faster you will see results.
Does Dr. K take Insurance?
Dr. K takes Aetna insurance. Dr K is out of network with Florida Blue but will verify your insurance and submit claims for you. We will help you submit claims to other insurance companies for reimbursement such as United and Cigna. It is recommended you stay informed of your own insurance benefits. Please refer to the Pricing page for more information.
Does Dr. K prescribe medication?
No. Dr. K is a Psychologist and provides talk therapy. She can however recommend a psychiatrist to you, or you can contact your insurance carrier to find one. Research has shown that people can feel results from talk therapy alone but also have results with medication and talk therapy. Medication can help treat symptoms, but does not teach you coping skills. You can also talk to your medical doctor about medication.
Is Therapy Confidential?
In general, the law protects the confidentiality of all communications between a client and a psychotherapist. No information is disclosed without prior written permission from the client.
There are some exceptions however required by law to this rule. These exceptions include:
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself. The therapist will make every effort to work with the client to ensure their safety. If the client does not cooperate, additional measures may need to be taken.